From Capper Wiki
- Handle: JohnSteed
- Real Name: Joe Straatmann
- D.O.B.: May 26th, 1982
- Occupation: Jack of All Trades, or to be more specific, a production assistant at a local television station, a freelance writer published in Anime Insider magazine (And their former intern), Wizard magazine, RPGamer.com, Chudah's Corner, and the Kearney Daily Hub in Kearney, Nebraska, a budding podcaster, and film critic.
- Marital Status: Single
- Kids: Oh, HELL no!
- Handle Origin: The dapper gent from the Avengers
- Alternate Handle(s): Crono69 (WAY back in 8th grade when using the number 69 was COOL, huh huh huh....), Matthew_Paul
- You Can Find Me Capping: I'll tell you later
Hi. Maybe you're surprised his actual name isn't REALLY JohnSteed. Maybe not. In any case, here he is. Many times not as much of a fully-coherant human being as a collection of pieces. A liberal individualist free-thinker anime gamer dork who grew up in mega-conservative, Husker football crazy Nebraska, was educated in classical, snobby stuff, and took in as many movies as possible, JohnSteed can be one hell of a cluster-fuck at times.
Steed started capping in 8th grade, and is now a year-and-a-half out of college. What has he done with his life? No one can say. Anyway, Steed loved MST3K, visited the site when they launched on the Sci-Fi channel, and everything else is an extremely vague footnote in history. Known for vague video game and anime caps, Steed has been told "You might as well be posting in a foreign language."
For personal information, Steed comes from a family that features one politician/lawyer brother, a mortician father, a science teacher mother, and a step family who Steed has to keep away from his mom for fear of a massacre. Steed graduated from Iowa State University in December 2004 with a degree in Journalism and Mass Communication, and has been trying to find a decent paycheck ever since. Steed loves films of all shapes and sizes, orchestral music, video games (usually of the mid-90s SNES RPG variety), anime (All though he is a bit more selective in his tastes. Haibane-Renmei beats the shit out of anything in Shonen Jump's arsenal, in his mind), sports (Though only the Pittsburgh Steelers are currently good in his list of favorite teams. The Minnesota Timberwolves, Pittsburgh Penguins, and Florida Marlins aren't doing very well right now, to say the least), and ESPECIALLY things that combine any of his interests (He awes at the fully symphonic "Dragon Quest VIII" score). Anyway, this is everything about Steed without saying anything at all, so for now, goodbye, because I have trouble spelling adieu.